Heaven (天国, Tengoku) is a gigantic planet in the Other World, covered with flowers and plants. It has a strange glow around it. It looks slightly like Earth but everyone on the planet has a ghostly tail (as they have not been allowed to keep their bodies like Goku and the other Z Fighters once they died).
OverviewThe planet Heaven is not seen much throughout the Dragon Ball sagas but it is seen a lot during the Fusion Saga, when Bulma, Chi-Chi, Videl and Dabura are looking for Gohan who they think is dead.
Later on in Dragon Ball GT, Piccolo is sent to Heaven when he sacrifices himself when the Earth explodes. He states that if he dies, the Black Star Dragon Balls can never be used again and the Earth will never be put into that state again. He later changes his mind, and goes to Hell to help deal with past Villains.
Heaven can be visited in Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury. However, less emphasis is put on this place than in the anime.
- Chi-Chi (until being wished back to life)
- Bulma (until being wished back to life)
- Videl (until being wished back to life)
- Piccolo (Until being sent down to Hell, upon his own request)
- Although called "Heaven", its function in the Dragon Ball series is more comparable to Limbo as it is accessable to those who, while having done good deeds, have not done enough to keep their bodies in the afterlife.